Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will foster strong client relationships and work closely with industry partners with the aim to maximise revenue through seeking new business opportunities. You will develop and implement sales plans for designated market segments and progress leads and opportunities through sales pipelines to achieve revenue targets and budgets.
You will also nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous experience in a business development role, preferably in the business events or hospitality industry,
- Demonstrated experience in achieving sales targets in a competitive environment
- Exceptional communication skills, a proactive approach to work and a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise activities,
- Proven ability to work under pressure and problem solve while maintaining attention to detail and a strong client focus,
- Ability to build strong and genuine relationships, working with internal and external stakeholders across all levels,
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting tight deadlines with ability to flex across work areas and tasks, and
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team with professionalism and enthusiasm.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 21 June 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai (opening mid-2019). AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct for Brisbane. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?