Games Master/Event Assistant
Advertiser: Escape Mate LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jun 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $20 - $22 per hour
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
Games Master / Event assistant
Escape Mate is looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a part-time Game Master.
This is a super fun, dynamic environment, that also offers good pay and flexibility.
Applicants MUST be available to work weekends between 10am-10pm and weekday evenings from 5pm-10pm.
- You choose your own working days.
- You get to meet a lot of people: Deal with a wide range of clients, including government and leading companies, families, kids, etc
- Be part of an awesome team: Friendly and fun workmates
- Fair and ethical business
- Fun job where time flies
Your job will be:
We are looking for a well presented, fun and enthusiastic person to represent our company, who is capable of providing an outstanding service at all times and also has a keen eye on detail. You will be responding to enquiries in email/phone or in person, making bookings and taking payments, ushering clients and running games.
Your tasks will include basic admin and greeting customers, briefing teams before their games, monitoring the games, helping players during their missions, resetting the rooms after each game, taking team photos and taking payments after their experience.
- introduce our services and take bookings over the phone/email/in person
- handle booking software
- register payments - cash, eftpos, online
- take care of clients onsite - briefing, ushering, game monitoring and resetting
- basic tidying and cleaning
- help the rest of the team where needed
The perfect match:
The game master must be an energetic, enthusiastic, social, well-presented person, with a kind, happy and professional attitude and a pro-active, friendly approach, someone who is also enthusiastic about puzzles and games.
Has to be experienced in working with a team, but has to be able to work unsupervised.
Will need to learn how to effectively work with booking software, as well as two rooms worth of game structures and puzzles. We need a logical thinker, an exceptional problem solver who is great at memorizing numbers, scripts and patterns with a keen eye for detail.
- A solid customer service and admin background is a must (hospo /events/ tourism), you need to interact with a wide range of clients, including government, corporate clients, kids and celebrities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active, problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Fast learner and creative problem solver
- Reliable and professional
- Attention to detail, precise and quick at resetting games, admin tasks
- Work in a dynamic environment, under pressure on a tight schedule
- Must be available to work weekends
- Any other superpowers of yours will be considered and appreciated
- Must be available for at least a year
- Must be able to work long hours
Escape Mate is the only escape game provider in Wellington CBD, we have been running for over 4 years. We have stunning reviews online, this is the third year that we received the Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor. We are very keen to provide outstanding service and one of a kind game experiences. This is only possible with a reliable, committed, happy team, so management makes sure that our colleagues are treated fairly.
Please forward your cover letter, CV and a current photo via Seek or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please describe in your cover letter why you would like to work with us, and list your skills that could be beneficial for Escape Mate.
Also describe a situation where you saved the day with your wits, and logical thinking.
INTERVIEWS TO START ASAP.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Escape Mate Team
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- If you hold a working holiday visa, how many months of your visa are remaining?