Advertiser: Christchurch Surgical AssociatesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
About the business
We are a well-established business providing surgical and medical consultations and some minor surgery on site. Our staff of receptionists and secretaries provide a welcoming, supportive environment and service to patients and consultants.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join us on a part-time basis to become part of the reception team to support the day to day processes of this business. The successful applicant will:
- welcome and arrive patients
- process invoices and payments
- answer phone calls and redirect to the appropriate secretary
- support management and secretaries with administration tasks such as typing letters, booking of appointments/medical procedures, making up medical packs
- possibly have experience of Olympus transcription/dictation
Our business enjoys a modern work environment. We are open five days a week from 8:00 - 6:00pm with no on call or after-hours work.
Skills, experience and fit
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- strong computer skills
- experience of a patient management system such as SPM
- proven customer service in reception/administration in the health sector
- strong attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- medical dictation typing or strong typing skills
- cash handling/balancing experience
- a calm and collegial manner
- a willingness and flexibility to help out as needed and be a team player
- the ability to cover for staff leave/sickness
- availability between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday but work set hours over three or four days
- a good sense of humour
Please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include the completed application form, your CV and letter of application. They can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Attn: Practice Manager
PO Box 36403
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 19 June 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work school holidays?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?