Advertiser: OritainMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jun 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics & Information Sciences
Oritain Global Limited is looking for an experienced statistician who will bring to the company a wealth of technical knowledge, strong leadership and positive attitude. This senior role will provide expert statistical guidance on projects designed to develop new capabilities and products. This role will also provide statistical oversight of data collection activities to ensure databases are fit for purpose.
You will be expected to provide oversight of statistical modelling that is used to aid decision-making in the science delivery part of the business. You will be working primarily with datasets of chemical measurements, and an understanding of multivariate statistics is essential. You will be working closely with the Science and Development teams that will help guide statistical development. You will be a high-performing team player with a strong business acumen and will be comfortable in a commercial setting.
Oritain was founded in 2008 and we are a global leader in scientifically proving the origin of food, cotton, wool and some pharmaceutical products. We partner with some of the world’s leading producers to protect their brands from market fraud. Our main offices are in Dunedin, New Zealand, and London, UK. We have recently set up operations in Australia and Japan. As Oritain is an international company with the operations around the globe you will be expected to communicate and work with the teams in the countries mentioned above.
What is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a senior role and drive development in a company with a meaningful purpose. You will help to mitigate the risk in global supply chains and protect producers and consumers from fraud. You will work in a friendly and dynamic environment, in a company that encourages collaboration and professional development. You will be placed in the Dunedin office (however a possibility to work in the U.K. office in time will be also considered for the right candidate).
Skills and Experience
You will have the following qualifications and experience, and possess these attributes:
- PhD or MSc in Statistics with 5+ years of experience
- Deep knowledge of statistical methodology (multivariate in particular) and demonstrated ability to use statistics to help develop solutions for practical scientific problems
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with scientists and to communicate to external stakeholders
- Proficiency in the statistical programming language R
- Great problem solving, teamwork and management skills
- Professional experience in a commercial setting
Bonus skills and attributes:
- Experience with chemical or environmental data
- Interest and some knowledge of automation and machine Learning techniques
- Proficiency in other programming languages, such as C++ or Python
- A drive to learn and master novel approaches and techniques
For more information about Oritain Global Limited please visit www.oritain.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a statistician?
- What's your expected annual base salary?