Buying Assistant and Coordinator
Advertiser: OnceitMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Buying
Onceit is one of NZs fastest growing fashion and lifestyle online store. We source and sell premium designer products across a range of categories including fashion, apparel, homeware, furniture, accessories & beauty from local and international brands through our successful website and app. From humble beginnings, we’ve quickly grown into a business serving over 500,000 delighted members throughout NZ and Australia.
This position is based in our office in Newmarket, Auckland, hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm with a commencement date of late July or early August.
We're looking for someone who has worked in online retail, understands what a buying role involves and ideally has merchandising experience. You will be interested in fashion, not just in a creative sense, you need to be analytical, procedure based and organised. You will be working closely with our buying/sales team and assisting with campaign design.
Team fit and a clear alignment with our company values are critical. We have an extraordinary and youthful team who are super-friendly. We work hard and get a lot done, but we also know how to have fun with monthly company lunches and regular killer social functions. There are great perks with this role and top of the list has to be our amazing staff buying privileges.
What you will do for us:
- Ensure campaign submissions are uploaded to the Onceit site meeting critical calendar timelines and Quality Checklists.
- Review Quality Checklist for each sale including; pricing accuracy, size guides, categories, merchandising product images.
- Effectively communicate each campaign timeline and necessary requirements to suppliers.
- Manage collection of product information, images & samples from suppliers.
- Manage and maintain purchase order information ensuring all relevant documentation have been provided and timelines are meet.
- Work with the suppliers to achieve our merchandising requirements.
- Relief assistance in various Buyer duties as required i.e. sales exports
We need someone with:
- NZ Citizenship or residency
- A positive attitude – we strive for a happy and energised work place
- A good understanding of fashion constructions and technical terms
- Retail pricing and margin experience/knowledge
- Understanding of the expectations of the online shopper and what a good product page should look like
- Great admin and organisational skills
- Confidence in web admin and fast computer navigation
- Ability to use Mac platform and excel at a high level, good at formatting, competent typist and basic photoshop experience
- Ability to work at a fast pace and cope with high work load times, we have mid-day and weekend deadlines
- Ability to stay on task and with attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language and ability to communicate with suppliers with respect and good written prose
- Ability and confidence to build respectful relationships with suppliers with rigorous follow ups as required
- A team player, can do attitude
What we will give you (currently):
- Being part of a great, friendly team
- Weekly office gathering so everyone is up to speed with what other teams are up to
- Staff discount on Onceit products
- Dog friendly office
- Fun events and staff lunches every month
- Espresso coffee
Our Onceit Values – we will be looking for a culture fit
- Positive culture – positive attitude, ability to overcome challenges, creating positive work environment
- Encourage creativity - advancement – improving process’ creatively
- Ship quickly, be agile, be lean – constant improvement in role and workplace
- Open communication – Clear understanding of role responsibilities and KPI’s, clear communication internally, suppliers & customers, honesty.
- Be the best at wow service – care about customers, wow stories, member ambassadors
- Make s**t happen – make Onceit more efficient, if something needs doing get it done, muck in
- Work hard, have fun – celebrate success, work hard to achieve the goal, put in the time
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?