Bicycle Workshop Manager / Mechanic/Technician - Christchurch
Advertiser: Natural HighMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 May 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
Are you an enthusiastic, customer friendly and hard working person?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced person to become part of our Natural High team.
Natural High (est. 1996) is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated bicycle rental and cycle tour company.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best New Zealand cycling adventure to every client and provide enjoyable and memorable cycling experiences throughout our beautiful country.
We are looking for a talented bicycle workshop manager / mechanic/technician for our Christchurch branch. The bicycle workshop manager / mechanic/technician's responsibilities include managing and maintaining our extensive bicycle fleet and workshop. The bicycle mechanic/technician's job is very important as our clientele depend on well prepared bicycles for their cycling adventures.
The bicycle workshop manager / mechanic/technician will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of the workshop operations and setting high standards through a professional and measured approach to duties. The bicycle workshop manager / mechanic/technician will be responsible for the quality of workmanship coming from the workshop of our fleet bicycles along with general public customer bicycle repairs and servicing.
This position is a full time permanent role with the added advantage of possibly taking extended leave during the winter months.
The position requires leadership ability and excellent people skills, the ability to communicate well and the knowledge and experience to take initiative.
The role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about cycling, has strong mechanic and management experience and is looking for a rewarding challenge in the cycle tourism sector.
THE ROLE WILL INVOLVE
- Maintenance and Preparation of an extensive bicycle fleet to Natural High standards.
- Preparing bicycles to set deadlines.
- Recording all the maintenance work completed on bicycles including updating database records.
- Manage the inventory of the workshop.
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work place.
- Assessing and quoting / pricing of bicycle repairs and servicing of customers bicycles.
- Communicating with Branch Managers / Mechanics and Managing Director.
- Develop / update / implement and follow processes and procedures.
- Managing and training new workshop staff to Natural High standards.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Customer service oriented and personable.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- An understanding of and passion for bicycles and associated products/accessories.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Management experience is very important for the role including key leadership skills.
- Confident interpersonal communication skills.
EXPERIENCE / PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of 3 years of workshop experience required.
Applicants will be mechanically proficient and confident in the servicing techniques of a wide variety of bicycle types including e-bikes / Shimano electronics / suspension components and wheel building.
NZ Drivers licence (P Endorsement advantageous but not essential)
Current First Aid Certificate (advantageous but not essential)
Some weekend work during the summer season (1 October – 31 March) may be necessary. We close Public Holidays.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Send your cover letter outlining all you have to offer and supporting CV / Resume to apply.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 28th June 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service technician?