Operations Assistant Manager - Christchurch
Advertiser: Natural HighMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 May 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Are you an enthusiastic, customer friendly and hard working person? Do you love cycling?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced person to become part of our Natural High team.
Natural High (est. 1996) is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated bicycle rental and cycle tour company.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best New Zealand cycling adventure to every client and provide enjoyable and memorable cycling experiences throughout our beautiful country.
We are looking for a confident and capable operations assistant manager for our Christchurch branch. The operations assistance manager will be responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day operations and setting standards through a professional and measured approach to duties.
This position is a full time permanent role with the added advantage of possibly taking extended leave during the winter months.
The position requires leadership ability and excellent people skills, the ability to communicate well and the knowledge and experience to take initiative.
The role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about cycling, has strong tourism and management experience and is looking for a rewarding challenge in the cycle tourism sector.
The role will involve:
- Customer service
- Organising bike rentals and assisting with bike fleet management.
- Walk in, email and phone sales, enquiries and reservations.
- Retail sales.
- Office and tour administration duties.
- Regular communication with the senior management team.
- Liaising with suppliers and cycle tour partners.
- Managing and creating travel and cycle itineraries.
- Updating and maintaining website.
- Assisting with marketing initiatives and newsletters.
- Managing shop product stock levels.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organised office and retail work place.
- Reviewing / developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Customer service oriented and personable.
- Management acumen.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Proven administration experience.
- Computer literate and proficient in social media platforms - Wordpress knowledge and experience. Competent in Microsoft Office / Google Docs / Xero.
- Touch typing highly valued.
- Ability to operate to set standards, follow procedures and guidelines and maintain good records.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (will be required to converse with NZ and International visitors) second language could also be advantageous.
- Highly self motivated individual.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
EXPERIENCE / PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years tourism experience and have a solid background in sales, travel reservations and management.
The candidate for this position has preferably cycled some of NZ Cycle Trail network.
A broad knowledge of New Zealand geography and information is essential.
Proven bicycle maintenance knowledge / skills and a strong passion for cycling are very beneficial to the role.
NZ Drivers licence is required (P Endorsement advantageous but not essential)
Current First Aid Certificate (advantageous but not essential)
Some weekend work during the summer season (1 October – 31 March) may be necessary. We close Public Holidays.
Future progression pathway within the business for the right candidate.
Send your cover letter outlining all you have to offer and supporting CV / Resume to apply.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications must be received by 5pm Friday 28th June 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- Do you have customer service experience?