Business Development Manager - Program Management Office (PMO)
Advertiser: Mike Greer HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Mike Greer Homes is New Zealand's largest independent residential construction company with branches operating throughout the country. With experience across a range of residential developments including standalone, medium density, social and retirement housing, Mike Greer Homes has established itself as the industry market leader.
Our Auckland Project Management Office oversees the relationships, tenders and pre-construction preparation of major projects, with a core focus on government and local government contracts, coordinates the handover of build programs to branches, and oversees the build progress and reporting of projects by our Branches across the wider Auckland region. The position will also work closely to ensure national coverage and revenue maximisation for this client base outside Auckland in conjunction with Mike Greer Commercial.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for the PMO to lead our relationship management and business development activities with all government, local government and large scale non-government projects in the greater Auckland region and actively convert these relationships to sustainable building opportunities. As a senior role reporting to our Executive Director, this position will also manage the PMO and oversee program reporting back to our major contract stakeholders, whilst driving positive internal relationships.
- Responsible for all aspects of business development, tenders, feasibility and financial outcomes as agreed with the Executive Director.
- Managing the relationships and sales conversion pipeline to deliver sustainable and profitable opportunities from stakeholders for our branches to deliver.
- Leading the creation of pre-construction programs of work within the PMO and program handover to branches to deliver.
- Liaising between CEO Mike Greer Homes, CEO Mike Greer Commercial, Branch delivery and key stakeholders with effective reporting as part of the delivery phase and sound communication on all matters
- Demonstrating exemplary leadership, accountability, responsibility and performance in all aspect of business and people management.
- Working within authorised financial controls, and managing principal risks and ensuring effective internal reporting and systems are in place.
- Analysing both internal and external relationships and activities that affect Mike Greer Homes, informing the Executive Director and implementing management decisions with the CEO.
- Providing monthly reporting to the Board of Directors and interim reporting if required.
- Tertiary qualified (or equivalent experience) in Commerce, Business, Finance or other relevant field(s).
- Experience in and strong working knowledge in the NZ Building Code, NZ Standards (including NZS3604:2011) and the land development/construction process (3910).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior business development, relationship management or sales positions within the construction sector.
- Extensive track record in successful sales and business development/relationship management, sales conversion and growing business performance.
- Proven experience in leadership, managing performance and building a positive working environment.
- Excellent communications skills in both verbal and written English.
- Steady under pressure, resilient, patient and an effective negotiator.
- Competitive salary package including significant performance incentives and vehicle.
- Subsidised health insurance.
- A dedicated team.
- The tools and support required for your role.
It is essential that applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you’d like to join the team, please use the link below “Apply Now”. If you have additional questions you can contact Lynn de Cort at LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz . Confidentiality assured.
Please note this vacancy is NOT open to agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?