Sample Reception Technician
Advertiser: Water Testing HB (2016) LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 May 2019
- Hawkes Bay, Hastings
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Water Testing Hawke’s Bay operates a commercial laboratory based in Hastings, Hawke’s Bay and serves the wider Hawke’s Bay region. We provide sampling and / or testing services to three of the four Hawke's Bay local authorities as well as to a growing private client base. We have recently had our IANZ accreditation renewed under the latest standard NZS ISO/IEC 17025:2018.
Sample Reception is a key front-line role in our business. Our Sample Reception Technician will provide excellent levels of service to customers and ensure that all samples are received, recorded and handled in accordance with standard operating procedures. This is a fulltime position.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A background and experience in Science, preferably Microbiology
- The knowledge and expertise to work with clients to determine their needs including the interpretation of resource consent conditions.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a strong command of the English language and the ability to provide customers with clear and concise advice
- Good time management skills
- The ability to confidently use computers and software including Office 365, Word, Excel
- Experience in using eQual Laboratory Information Management system
- New Zealand citizenship or the right to work permanently in New Zealand
- A professional standard of personal presentation
This is an opportunity to work, live and play in Hawke’s Bay, the lifestyle capital of New Zealand. It is also an opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic team and be a crucial part of our plans for the future.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Mike Olsen, Technical Manager, on 06 870 6449. Applications including a covering letter and CV should be lodged through Seek.
Applications close on Thursday 20 June 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?