IT Support Technician
Advertiser: FF Produce LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $45,000 - $49,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
The IT Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house Network systems and technology equipment and IT assets. This includes installing, Configuring, Diagnosing, repairing and upgrading all IT hardware and equipment’s while ensuring its optimal performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and uploading procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instance of hardware failure, repair, installation and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations, acquisition & deployment.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurements and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products and document.
- Recommend, schedule and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs. Operational management.
- Work with end users (other staff members) to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products that includes router configuration.
- Received and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Design, update and maintain a business website to attract new customers.
- Automation of staff logins and manage timesheets to ensure the payroll is smooth and transparent.
- Maintain web application and address client queries to ensure the online pricing is customized and confidential.
- Ability to use MS Access database and install Navigation systems and use tools like Fleetk2, TellUS Drive+, components, and peripheral accessories.
Position Requirements Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field with at least 1-year relevant experience.
- Strong customer-service orientation. Formal Education & Certification.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self-Motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge on Laravel - PHP framework, MS Access and MS Outlook would be an advantage.
Last date for applications 4/6/2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)