Advertiser: Stonewood Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Management
The Stonewood Group is one of the largest property developers in New Zealand. We focus on large scale mixed use property/projects including hotels, residential, commercial, office, and landmark property/projects, like Westpac Building in Lambton Quay, Wellington and the Five-star Pullman Hotel in Rotorua.
The Group also owns Stonewood Homes, which has long been one of New Zealand’s largest residential builders, renowned for quality designs and building efficiencies.
On top of that the Group also owns a number of subsidiaries, like RCR Infrastructure, Stonewood Commercial, Urban Hub, Exodus Health & Fitness Club, and Park Avenue Residences to name a few.
We are proud to have talented and dedicated teams across NZ that we recognise as the foundation of our success. We embrace opportunities, together.
About the role
The position provides (includes but not limited to) efficient and effective management of Stonewood Commercial construction activities on site, aligned with an approved program, implementing and maintaining effective construction operational processes, management/leadership of the Construction related staff/teams/required resources and taking the lead in implementing and managing best practice Health & Safety processes and procedures.
- Works with the Construction Manager to develop the specific Business/Project Execution Plans based on the company strategic plans according to agreed time and cost.
- Communicates the direction of the company to onsite staff and teams.
- Looks outward to the wider industry and considers opportunities for growth, improvement and innovations where appropriate.
- To lead the on-site foreman and supervision teams to achieve maximum client/customer satisfaction, quality requirements, build time requirements and margin.
- Recruit and induct new employees to the team and ensure they are aligned with all on site Health & Safety procedures.
- Provide training, support and advice as required to ensure all team members are working to the set out project objectives.
- Provide technical building advice for the team to assist in solving build or customer problems
- To liaise with other areas of the wider business (where required) to ensure that handovers between the various teams are smooth and the overall customer and company goals are achieved.
- To provide feedback to the Construction Manager on local issues and opportunities as well as regular project reporting.
- Give feedback on warranty or plan design issues where appropriate to ensure that problem issues are not repeated.
- To lead the Scheduling Team to achieve maximum customer satisfaction, quality requirements, build time requirements and margin.
- Ensure there are suitable planning tools and processes in place to maximize performance.
- Ensure all planning tools, processes, procedures, check lists, record keeping and reporting are implemented as required.
- Coordinate procurement of building supplies and other related goods and resources in order to achieve construction milestones.
Qualifications and Training
- Qualified Builder with LBP certificate is an advantage
- Leadership, Project & Financial Management
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY BY CLICKING ON THE LINK: https://stonewoodgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=181
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a site manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- How many years' experience do you have as a site supervisor?