PROJECT MANAGER / ENGINEER WATER AND WASTEPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Management
Project Manager / Engineer
- Hamilton based project
- Water and Waste
- Mid-sized engineering company
Founded in 1978 and located on Auckland's North Shore, Service Engineers currently employ around 40 staff. We perform a diverse range of engineering contracts from small construction packages through to multi-million dollar mechanical and structural engineering projects across New Zealand and the Pacific.
We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished project manager / engineer to join our team. Your involvement will start with a handover at the tender award stage and continue throughout the life of the project, including contract administration, engaging subcontractors, cost reporting and quality assurance.
Key functions involve:
- Overall financial, program and resource management of the project
- On-time delivery of the project and within agreed budgets
- Championing H&S objectives and maintaining an excellent safety record on your project
- Ensuring all project activities meet the agreed standards
- Creation of variation claims and monthly payments claims
- Cost control, forecasting and project reviews
- Construction programs
- Sub-contractor management on your project
- Co-ordination of all required project resources
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships with clients, suppliers, contractors and colleagues
Ideally the successful candidate will have a proven technical background in the mechanical and heavy engineering sector and be well versed in industry standards construction contracts and legislation. Evidence of strong site and project engineering experience with construction contractors is important.
A strong work ethic, excellent multi-tasking skills along with a great ability to communicate with others and the ability to relate well to people of varying levels are essential.
Experience in water treatment or wastewater treatments projects will be a distinct advantage.
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Visit our website www.serviceengineers.co.nz for more information about us.
Please send applications to:
Post: HR Manager, 50 Porana Rd, Takapuna, Auckland
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?