Integrated Body Therapist
Advertiser: Dove HospiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Integrated Body Therapist
This position is 4 days per week, (30hrs) Tuesday to Friday.
You will be working for a leading-edge Hospice service that cares for people living with and dying from life-threatening illness.
Dove Hospice is a stand-alone charitable trust and operates from two distinct locations within the same grounds in Glendowie;
Dove House is an out-patient facility, which operates Monday to Friday and provides an extensive programme of holistic care, supporting more than 200 patients and family members each month.
Dove Wing is a 24hr care facility that provides respite, convalescence and end-of-life care.
You will work in Dove House in the main, providing integrated body therapy to patients and family members within a multi-disciplinary context of care. You will be working with an exciting, progressive and flexible team whose focus is on enabling people to achieve a holistic approach to well-being, wherever they are on their illness trajectory. It is preferable to have had experience providing service to seriously ill people and have an understanding of the wider implications for our patients and families.
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in therapeutic massage or equivalent
- Qualification in the following integrative therapies is an advantage; aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki, oncology massage
- Background in nursing, physio, occupational therapy an advantage
- A well-developed understanding of the holistic model of health
- Experience in working with people with serious or chronic illness is an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to prioritise, be well organised and manage time effectively
- A sense of humour
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to change
- An understanding of the value of self-awareness and self-care
- An authentic open-heartedness
- An understanding of the importance of resilience to challenging situations and feelings
- Be able to express feelings and opinions appropriately that support effective relationships within the wider team
- Be able to identify the need for personal and professional support
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If this amazing opportunity sounds like the next step for you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in nursing?