Advertiser: Miles Construction LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
Miles Construction has a proven track record in the successful delivery of commercial and residential projects both in Christchurch and Auckland. Miles Construction specialises in Build, Design, Renovation, Extension and Project Management Services nationwide. We excel at design and building projects of every scale and type. From small to multi-million-dollar projects; be it residential or commercial, our qualified teams are able to guide clients through the process and meet their exact needs.
Our approach to business is to understand our clients’ needs and always act in their interest; as a result, we have an excellent record in client satisfaction and are proud of our long lasting relationship with our clients.
We have been operating since November 2006 and have been progressively growing our team of highly motivated and professional staff. We now require an additional Foreman to complement our hard-working team based at our office in Christchurch.
In this role you will:
- Manage, control and oversee on site labour, labour only contractors, agency labour working to labour targets
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met (site, administrative and reporting)
- Establish and maintain excellent internal and external customer service throughout the entire construction
- Ensure trades and materials are coordinated safely and efficiently and be point of contact
- Ensure programme works in conjunction with the Project Manager and be responsible for meeting the programme
- Oversee quality control and complete audit as required and follow through the rectification and defective works
- Liaise with local authorities, schedule inspections, attend all inspections and action any non-compliances
- Keep the site clean and professional at all times
- Communicate effectively with PM’s, Architects, Engineers and build representatives
- Motivate and guide others ensuring build standards are met
- Support the Project Manager on-site with scheduling, meetings, communications and inspections
- Work with our in-house computer system to update progress
- Proven track record in NZ commercial construction (3 years’ minimum)
- NZ Trade Qualified with LBP an advantage
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and open to learning new systems, MS Project an advantage
- A current NZ Driver’s License
- Well organised, self-manage, can work to deadlines, resilient under pressure,
- Able to work independently effectively leading and guiding their team
- Busy days with variety, challenge and purpose
- Leadership and the support of the wider team
- A career path with opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary + vehicle
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate builder looking to move up the ranks.
Please note applicants must either be a NZ resident or hold a NZ valid work visa.
If you require more information please visit www.milesconstruction.co.nz to find out more about us. Alternatively email Jen Connell (Directors PA) on email@example.com.
The role is NOT open for recruitment agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?