Track Worker- Kaikoura
Advertiser: KiwiRailMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Canterbury, Rest of Canterbury
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
*KiwiRail is New Zealand's national railway, employing around 3,400 talented people in a wide range of business functions. Our Network Services team is responsible for maintaining 4,000 kilometres of rail corridor, bridges, tunnels, viaducts, overhead wires, signals and level crossings. *
We are looking for a Trainee Track Worker to join our team on a full time basis in Kaikoura. This is a great opportunity to enter the rail industry and build on your existing skills in an iconic company.
Working on the Railway is very dynamic, you could be installing, repairing or renewing track, working in tunnels or on bridges. You will enjoy working in a team and building great working relationships with your co-workers. If you enjoy problem solving in a fast paced outdoor environment, KiwiRail could be for you!
This is an outdoor role so physical fitness is essential and you must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
- You will have experience in a manual labouring environment
- You will be able to follow safety guidelines ensuring zero harm to yourself and others
- You will hold a Class 2 licence as a minimum
- You will have the ability to work days, with occasional nights and weekends as required operationally
- Penal rates for working overtime, nights, weekends and callouts!
- Discounted holiday homes and health insurance
- On the job training and development plan with pay to match
- Being part of a close knit team with a passion for rail's role in New Zealand
- KiwiRail is a company that offers more than just a job so if you are looking for a career apply online today.
You must have full working rights to NZ to apply for this role as it cannot support a visa application.