Chief Operating OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, COO & MD
At Carpet Court we love flooring. We thrive on ensuring our customers get the right solution for their home delivered through great service.
We are seeking to appoint a Chief Operating Officer to ensure that our great people and resources deliver quality projects on time while at the same delighting our customers. The Chief Operating Officer will report to the Chief Executive.
Carpet Court is a company driven by its values and looks to appoint highly skilled people who share and support the company’s values as well as being a good ‘fit’.
Chief operating Officer
For you to be the ideal person you will show us a real passion for customer service. Ideally you will be an exceptionally well organised person and have a demonstrated ability to lead others in delivering multiple projects effectively.
You will need to demonstrate sound trades knowledge, be an IT savvy individual with strong systems and people leadership skills.
This is both an external and internal customer facing role so you must be able to build effective relationships at all levels. A big part of your day will be spent liaising with members of our commercial and residential sales and support teams, so you'll need great communication skills and the ability to juggle demands successfully.
Gathering business requirements and delivering to customer expectations and deadlines is essential, along with understanding or experience in project management methodologies and IT platforms would be valuable.
You will be expected to work with the all of our teams to deliver work on budget and to the highest possible standard. You will be responsible for coordinating projects, our warehouse, administration and installation teams along with inventory management.
You will relish working under pressure and be always looking to find better ways of doing things
Your Personal Attributes
- Show us that your personal values and personality are a good fit with us at Carpet Court
- Be an excellent verbal and written communicator
- Show us an ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Be well organised and demonstrate the ability to deliver
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Be an active contributor to the Carpet Court Team and culture
- Have strong people leadership experience
Your Technical Competency
·An understanding of the trades sector and customer service
·Some experience in or exposure to IT programmes.
·An understanding of project management and systems design
·People Leadership knowledge
Among other things, you will be:
- Developing systems and managing multiple customer projects
- Working with sales managers and staff, operational and administration teams
- Inventory control
- Participating in and facilitating team meetings
- Health and Safety monitoring and reporting
- Creating documentation and managing timelines for multiple projects
- Managing installation waged and contracted staff to ensure quality and service is of the highest level.
- Completing status reports and managing risks.
Please send us your application consisting of a 1 page covering letter along with your CV by the 30th of May to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?