Legal Standards Administrator - Lawyers Complaints Service
Advertiser: New Zealand Law SocietyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Other
We are recruiting a Legal Standards Administrator (LSA) to join our busy regulatory team in our Wellington office. The Lawyers Complaints Service (LCS) handles complaints about lawyers.
The LSA is responsible for:
• supporting and assisting Legal Standards Officers (LSO) to process complaints
• organising Standards Committee meetings
• liaising with external agencies
• managing telephone enquiries
• drafting correspondence
• updating databases, and
• a range of other administrative tasks.
The LSA also provides support to other complaint and regulatory areas as required.
The ideal candidate will have proven administrative experience and excellent organising, planning, information and time management skills. As you will be dealing with a wide range of people, including the public and members of the legal profession, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, both written and oral, is required. An awareness of the requirements of confidentiality is essential. Previous legal knowledge or experience working in a legal or regulatory environment is an advantage but not critical to the role.
This will be a busy and challenging role with important responsibilities.
You can find a position description on our website https://www.lawsociety.org.nz/news-and-communications/advertisements/vacancies/legal-standards-administrator-wellington/PD-Legal-Standards-Administrator.-September-2018.pdf
If you have any questions about this role or would like to apply, please email Rebecca Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 9.00am on Tuesday 28 May 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?