Advertiser: IE MoneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business and the role
IE Money provides financial products and services, including remittance services, foreign exchange transactions and foreign exchange settlements. We are a global company with a presence in Auckland, offices in Sydney, Beijing.
As a registered financial services provider, IE Money has independently developed a 24-hour online foreign currency exchange platform that adopts the latest Electronic Remittance System to overcome the geographic limits of traditional financial investment and services and meets the regulatory requirements of different markets. We are committed to continuously improving service quality, providing a one-stop centre for trading products, services and financial software systems for independent traders, fund managers, professional asset management organisations, financial organisations and banks.
The company is situated in the heart of the Auckland CBD.
We are looking for a proactive, hands on Company Accountant that enjoys working in a small team environment. You will enjoy owning the month end reporting process and be able to meet deadlines. The successful candidate will be down to earth, enjoy taking responsibility and have minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar role, it's better acknowledge Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Your role as Company Accountant will support the CFO and be 2IC in a team of 5 and be responsible for:
- Prepare Month end reconciliation and Bank Reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss statements and management accounts for presentation to the CFO and other users as required.
- Preparation and filing of monthly PAYE schedules, and GST returns.
- Involvement and working with Financial accountant to prepare annual financial statements and file annual income taxation returns.
- Processing invoices and entering accounts receivables and accounts payables into the accounting system, ensuring timely and accurate handling of all debtor and creditor account enquiries, most importantly undertaking effective credit control.
- Providing advice on financial aspects of businesses such as budgets, tax and cash flows, and ensuring the directors have all the information available to make decisions
- Advising of any modifications and improvements to ongoing accounting systems and procedures and analyzing financial performance of businesses
- Other tasks assigned by the CFO.
Skills and experience
Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication Skills.
- Teamwork Skills.
- Excel and Xero experience.
- Bachelor's degree is great.
Special Skills/ Competencies
- A valid NZ Work Visa, NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship
To apply please send your resume to IE Money Limited on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a covering letter outlining your skills, salary expectations and availability.
NOTE: Although we welcome overseas queries, applicants must have a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship to be considered for this role. Applicants without the above may not get responded to.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?