Academic and Pathways Manager
Advertiser: InZone Education FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
InZone Education Foundation provides young Māori and Pasifika New Zealanders the opportunity to live in a whānau-like hostel environment in the zones of Auckland Grammar School and Epsom Girls’ Grammar School. At the both hostels extensive wraparound support is provided, and our students emerge with qualifications, a strong value set and aspirations to give back to their communities.
We are seeking to recruit an Academic and Pathways Manager to work closely with our rangatahi to ensure each student achieves their academic best; and that they have a career path and skills necessary to transition to study, training or work after school.
Key focus areas are:
- Academic monitoring and reporting;
- Working individually with our rangatahi to enable them to achieve their personal best;
- Delivering programs focused on increasing student preparation for success at school and beyond;
- Building partnerships with tertiary providers and local employers to provide opportunities for students including internship opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a teaching qualification;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of secondary school curriculum requirements;
- Have previous experience in careers education and / or job placement, internships and tertiary opportunities;
- Have experience in working with Māori and / or Pasifika students.
You will have strong relationship and communication skills enabling you to quickly establish rapport and credibility with students and engage and strengthen the bonds with our partners, whānau, and staff. Above all you will have a passion and energy for Māori and Pasifika achievement.
This position is for 20- 25 hours per week, some of which will include evenings so as to enable the Manager to meet with students outside school hours, with flexibility around school holidays. This is a permanent position to start as soon as possible. Remuneration will depend on experience.
How to apply:
Applications close on Friday 31st May 2019.
All appointees to InZone are required to have a Police Clearance, a valid, full New Zealand drivers licence and NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.