ICT Systems AdministratorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $58,804 - $88,206
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
He mea whai take te pūranga taonga nā te whai take hoki nō ngā mea tuku iho. Kei ngā pūranga e puritia ana ā tātou kōrero, e toka ai ngā mea i pā ki a tātou, kō wai rā tātou, ko wai tātou ināianei. He whakarangatira tāna i tō tātou mana ā-iwi me tō tātou aro hoki ki ngā tikanga a iwi kē.
Archives matter because history matters. Archives hold our stories, give us evidence about what has happened, who we were and who we are. They enrich our sense of identity and our understanding of our cultures.
We are looking for a 12 month fixed-term ICT Systems Administrator-Kaimahi Hangarau who will enjoy being responsible for developing and maintaining our ICT systems consistent with best practice. Reporting directly to the ICT Operations Manager and working closely with the Collection Services team you will be focused on ensuring the optimal performance of our ICT equipment and systems, including trouble shooting any problems.
You’ll have solid technical skills and a deep understanding of best practice for ICT systems. Your experience will include sharing your knowledge with others. You’ll also be adaptable and versatile with a can-do attitude.
You will need to have respect for Māori tikanga and te reo Māori.
This position has one dotted-line report.
What are we looking for?
- A degree or tertiary qualification in ICT or equivalent knowledge gained through relevant work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of current ICT systems and processes, including Mac, Linux, and PC platforms, Telephony and Multi-Function Printing Devices; and an understanding of those relating to moving image and sound file management, security, backups, networking, file sharing and data management
- Experience in communicating to a broad range of audiences, in user friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A high degree of self-motivation, with keen attention to detail
What is in it for you?
- An environment that cares deeply about saving and sharing New Zealand’s audiovisual heritage
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others
- A family-friendly workplace
- Exciting projects to get involved in
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is New Zealand’s audiovisual archive. We save and cherish the stories, creativity and history of Aotearoa New Zealand in sound and moving images. With strong values of connection, creativity and conservation our purpose is to collect, share and care for New Zealand's audiovisual taonga. Our kaupapa expresses our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and reflects Māori and Pakehā perspectives, language and aspirations. It guides the way we work with each other, with audiovisual taonga and with those connected with it.
Salary Range: $58,804- $88,206
Please visit the Work for Us page on our website, www.ngataonga.org.nz to download a position description and an application form. Send your application with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is for a 12 month fixed-term appointment.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Gary Jarvis on 04-896-4806.
Applications close Thursday 30th May at 3pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?