Student Services Coordinator
Advertiser: IFSA-ButlerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
IFSA STUDENT SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR – FIXED TERM PART-TIME
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is seeking a Student Services Co-ordinator (SSC), based in Dunedin to work with students attending the University of Otago on our programme. IFSA has provided study abroad programmes for U.S. undergraduates since 1988. IFSA operates independently as a non-profit organization and is committed to providing the best study abroad programs with integrated academic guidance and individualized support to ensure student success. This is a fixed term part-time position to cover semester 2, 2019. The position would be from Monday 17th June until Sunday 10th November 2019 with the possibility to return in 2020. The position averages out at approximately 8-12 hours a week. Attendance is required for some weekend activities and to attend a four-day student orientation at the start of each semester in Auckland as well as staff meetings/ training as required. Rate of pay is $19.67 per hour.
Key areas of responsibility:
- communicate weekly with the students (campus meetings, email, social media, phone)
- co-ordinate and run a programme of co-curricular activities
- manage an activities budget
- provide student support and pastoral care (housing, academic, personal)
- work closely with staff in the IFSA New Zealand office
- work with key staff at the host university during the semester.
The ideal candidate will:
- live in Dunedin
- be a senior undergraduate or postgraduate student
- attend/have attended the University of Otago
- have excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- have experience providing pastoral support to American or other international students or have experience of travelling, studying or working overseas
- have event management and budget experience
- be an effective administrator
- have a good knowledge of New Zealand, the university and the region
- be enthusiastic and have a sense of humour.
Please find attached a job description with more information about the role. If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to Debbie Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org), Office Manager, New Zealand Programmes, Institute for Study Abroad. Applications will be accepted until 5pm Thursday 30th May. Applicants must be available to attend an interview in Dunedin on Thursday 6th or Friday 7th June. It is our preference for the interview to be conducted in person, however, we would consider a Skype interview at a mutually convenient time if necessary.
Please note we are unable to consider applications from Kiwi Hosts at University of Otago Flats (Uni Flats).