Architectural Graduate / Architectural Designer
Advertiser: Maynard MarksMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architecture
Who are we?
Maynard Marks is a New Zealand owned and operated award-winning, specialist Building Consultancy that is recognised as a leader in its fields of work. As a technical professional services consultancy, we have been assisting our clients for over ten years and have offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Our team of experts include Architects, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Asbestos Assessors and Project Managers. Our Industry leading experts provide technical advice on building and property matters to every sector of business across New Zealand.
Due to our consultancy’s continued growth we now have an exciting opportunity in our NZIA practice for an experienced Architectural Graduate / Architectural Designer to join our dynamic design and detail-focused architectural team.
Your new opportunity
You will be an ambitious and talented Architectural Graduate / Architectural Designer with a strong technical focus looking for a challenging role to work on projects through the detailed design and on-site phases of projects.
This will involve you working with numerous parties including liaising with clients, contractors and consultants, and resolving complex construction details and specifications, whilst maintaining quality always. There will be numerous site visits so you will need to hold a full and valid New Zealand Drivers Licence.
To succeed in this role
- You will be able to demonstrate comprehensive ArchiCAD experience which is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Hold an Architectural degree from a recognised university.
- Have at least 4 years post graduate practical experience in the New Zealand market.
- Possess exceptional technical understanding of NZ construction practices and relevant legislation.
- Refurbishment or remediation experience, and familiarity with multi-unit residential projects would be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication will be your forte.
- You will be highly organised and exhibit outstanding time and quality management skills.
What can we offer you?
A competitive remuneration package along with a supportive and inclusive work culture, clear career progression path, numerous training and professional development opportunities, plus the chance to work for an award-winning consultancy with an excellent market reputation. We also offer Friday night drinks, discounted gym membership, team outings and much more!
If you would like to apply for this exciting role, please submit your CV, portfolio and selected technical drawings (no greater than 5MB) to: HR@maynardmarks.co.nz.
We will only consider applicants with NZ Citizenship / Residency or a valid Work Visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- What's your expected annual base salary?