Advertiser: Fonua Ola Network TrustMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
We are excited to have the opportunity to offer a Youth Worker the opportunity to join our growing team.
We are looking for vibrant, IT Savvy and innovative Youth Worker who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of our Young People. Our referrals come from the Community, Oranga Tamariki, Police and Schools. We are looking for a person who has excellent relationship building skills to work with Young People and these agencies. You must have the ability to build excellent rapport with Young People as wells as with children and their families, friends, extended families, schools and local communities.
The Youth Worker main function is to;
- Implement the vision and mission of the Trust;
- Work in collaboration with the Fonua Ola services, agencies, and community to provide holistic support to Pacific families.
- Demonstrate excellent Youth Work practice and best practice skills at all times.
- Be Culturally competent when working with Pacific families
- Demonstrate excellent report writing, case noting, assessment, database and IT skills
- Have the ability to build excellent rapport with Young People, their families, extended families and their communities.
- Have the ability to self-manage oneself as well as work effectively within a team.
If this sounds like you we'd like to meet you. Apply today!
Applications close on Friday 24th May 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a youth worker?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?