Mobile PC Technician and Consultant
Advertiser: Geeks on WheelsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- $45,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Geeks on Wheels provide mobile computer support across the greater Auckland region. We currently have an opening for a mobile PC technician to become part of our professional and friendly team of 'Geeks', helping consumers navigate the increasing complexity of today's technological landscape.
Our team of mobile technicians offer a class leading service at the customer's home or office, fixing troublesome computers and advising clients on the purchasing of premium Tech solutions.
We have strong growth plans for 2019 and beyond and are seeking hungry people that want to grow with us
Geeks on Wheels prides itself on delivering superb customer service, so our friendly technicians have outstanding communication skills and enjoy building a rapport with customers. A fluent command of the English language is necessary.
Life as a mobile PC technician is interesting and varied, and no two days are the same. You will get to meet and help different people from different walks of life while working as part of an amazing team. You will help our customers achieve better results from their technology by interpreting the “mysteries of the world of tech” and as a Geek you will become a trusted advisor to our customers while tackling a diverse range of computer problems including
- Software/hardware troubleshooting on PC and/or Apple Mac
- Installing and maintaining small business and home networks
- Removal of nasty viruses and malware and optimising internet, wifi and email technologies
- Computer rebuilds and system clean-ups as well as providing recommendations on technology based on our customers’ needs
Essential skills include:
- Good computer troubleshooting skills
- Some experience building PC systems
- Understanding of different Windows and/or Apple Mac operating systems
- Great customer service and rapport building skills
- Comfortable selling IT solutions to clients as required
- Ability to thrive on complex and technical challenges
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritising and multitasking skills
Apply now for this position with the biggest, and fastest growing nationwide mobile IT support company in NZ to grow your career. In addition to great job satisfaction that comes with making things work better, while providing superb customer services, there are also some fantastic benefits working for Geeks on Wheels.
- Company Vehicle. Arrive at your appointments in style in one of our smart Geek cars.
- Great Team. Be a part of our awesome team of technicians and a culture our staff are incredibly proud of.
- Travel Around the Region. Don't put up with being chained to a desk all day long. Get out and about as a mobile Geek
- Technical Up-skilling. Benefit from a commitment to learning and development and numerous opportunities to improve your technical knowledge and learn new skills.
We provide all the necessary tools you need to do the job, you just have to use your knowledge and personality to wow our loyal customers.
This is a full-time position based on a flexible roster, with appointments booked from Monday to Saturday (inclusive). Hourly base rate is negotiable depending on experience + generous bonus.
A full & clean New Zealand driver's license is essential.
For more information about Geeks on Wheels check out:-
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How would you rate your English language skills?