Advertiser: Southern Paprika LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
An exciting new opportunity waits for an exceptional leader with a strong business mindset to lead our business on a day to day basis ensuring strategic plans are developed and executed and production requirements are met.
Southern Paprika Limited (SPL) is a leading New Zealand capsicum grower located in Warkworth. We currently operate 23 hectares of glasshouse with 4 more ha currently in development. We supply to a large export market and are a key supplier to all the New Zealand supermarket chains.
As General Manager you will work closely with your Senior Leadership Team to ensure the company is heading in the right direction with a strong sense of purpose. You will continue to drive culture change, transforming the way we work and collaboration across the business.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Natural Leadership – Leader with a ‘can-do’ business attitude who can lead and develop people while growing the business in a sustainable manner.
- Relationship Management – Strong ability to develop and maintain effective, sustainable and good quality relationships with staff, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Operations, Business Productivity and Quality Management – Ability to give guidance and direction for continuous operational improvements and service delivery, ensuring health & safety and all compliance requirements are met.
- A highly capable General Manager with an empathy for the horticultural industry. A relevant degree or diploma is valuable, although not essential.
- Well-developed people management skills to drive the performance of our team, which will need to grow in conjunction with our growth aspirations.
- High levels of numeracy and commercial acumen in order to understand the company’s cost position, core business drivers and strongly manage the company’s financial performance.
- Proven continuous process improvement with a focus on automation.
- An ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and get the job done.
- Executive presence and ability to be the front person for SPL with key customers, suppliers and government agencies as required.
- Natural bias for high standards, problem solving, implementation and action in a fast-paced environment.
- Ultimately, drive and energy, combined with the highest levels of honesty and integrity to run SPL in an autonomous, “no surprises” manner.
Maybe you are considering a lifestyle change; wanting to move away from the city with beautiful beaches on your doorstep or a rural outlook? You might already be a General Manager or perhaps you are an experienced Senior Manager looking for your next move. With a great location and competitive remuneration structure, look no further, this could be the role for you!
For a confidential discussion, please call Sheryl Lewis on 09 4251508. To apply please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role by clicking on “Apply for this Job”.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?