Commercial Broker Support/ Team Leader
Advertiser: Rothbury Insurance BrokersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
Rothbury is the largest majority New Zealand owned insurance broking company with branches nationwide. We are a growing company which works to maintain its small business culture. Each branch has a close-knit team that not only works hard but likes to have fun.
At Rothbury, we believe work is more than just a job. We offer opportunities for you to be passionate about what you do and work alongside other passionate people who value fun, teamwork and innovation. We offer:
- Competitive salary, KPI’s, commission and profit sharing scheme
- Wellness days
- Company funded Health Insurance
- Career & personal development opportunities.
An opportunity has opened up for an experienced and motivated individual to join our Wellington branch in a commercial broker support/ team leader position.
Having a split role will offer endless variety and opportunities for further growth and development in your career. You will be responsible for providing day to day leadership to the team as well as managing the retention and growth of a Commercial Brokers portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to the team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and support
- Organising one on one and monthly team meetings
- Assisting Commercial Broker in managing all aspects of portfolio
- Processing of renewals, new business, alterations and cancellations
- Setting up new policies, processing finance agreements and sending out proposals
- Ensuring premiums are collected within required timeframes
- Resolving client queries and providing a high level of client service
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an individual who has proven experience in leadership, alongside proactively managing a domestic insurance portfolio. To be successful in this role you must have:
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Experience within Commercial Fire & General Insurance in New Zealand
- Experience as a Broker Support is preferable
- A strong understanding of NZ Insurance policies and wording
- Strong communication and computer literacy
This is your opportunity to be part of a forward thinking company where you will enjoy a challenging position in a fantastic, friendly working environment.
To register your interest in this role, please submit both your CV and covering letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- How many years leadership experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a commercial broker support position?