Accounts/Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
About the business
We are a New Zealand owned logistics company with a head office based in the Onehunga area and branches in Papakura and Wellington. We are looking for a capable person to join our small yet friendly Accounts team of 4 in our head office (with flexibility of working in our south Auckland Papakura office).
The logistics industry is a very competitive one. We have survived by maintaining a high standard of customer care and employing staff who are passionate about their role in the company. You would need to be this type of person.
About the role
This position of Accounts/Assistant Accountant would be responsible for day to day accounting operations but with a lot of opportunities to learn towards month-end and year-end procedures. This role will be an ideal position for an accounting graduate or accounts clerk with some experience in NZ. Our company is a NZICA approved training organisation and we are supporting the right candidate for pursuing his/her career path to become a chartered accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly invoice processing
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Overhead cost coding
- Daily local/overseas payment
- GST/FBT/RWT filing
- Statement reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation
- Debt collection/credit control
- General ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Some admin duties
- Other ad-hoc tasks
Skills and experience
You will need to have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting (a must have)
- EDI Cargowise experience is preferable
- Background in freight forwarding industry is a bonus
- A willingness to help out where required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Sound MS word/excel knowledge
Immediate start preferred
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?