Experienced Veterinary Nurse
Advertiser: Carevets Business SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced full-time Veterinary Nurse to join our fantastic team!
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on CPD – grow your career with us
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – join the CareVets family
About the Clinic
CareVets Mt Wellington is located in the popular eastern Auckland suburb of Mt Wellington and has been part of the community for many years. Located down a private right-of-way, the clinic is a short distance to all the amenities offered at either Sylvia Park or Panmure. Easy transport with close access to both the motorway and train stations, this location is sought after. We are a companion animal practice with a great longstanding team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who are passionate about their furry clients, dedicated to providing them with the best possible care. Our clinic is well equipped and has a wonderful client base.
For more information, please visit: https://carevets.co.nz/branches/carevets-mt-wellington/
About the Role
As an experienced Veterinary Nurse, you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic nursing team behind any great clinic. Our nurses essentially run the clinic – very hands-on, proactive & progressive! Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Hands-on surgical & diagnostic assistance
- Patient monitoring & treatment
- Front of house client relations
This role will be full-time with rostered hours – you’ll hardly ever have to work a Saturday!
What’s on Offer?
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Full support with a great clinical team who want to see you succeed
- Strong focus on CPD with an ongoing CPD allowance
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – become a member of the CareVets family
- Fantastic location, easy transport with plenty of amenities nearby
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so rosters are geared with this in mind
- Dynamic, supportive and responsive leadership team
- Access to a wide network of like-minded colleagues across the North Island (and the opportunities that come with such a network)
- You genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- You work well both in a team and independently
- You have a high level of integrity and are interested in continued development
- You are a good communicator
- You have a minimum of three years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing along with relevant qualifications
CareVets is proudly New Zealand owned and operated providing the best possible care for our clients and their pets. We pride ourselves on being one big family.
We have a great diverse team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses spanning the North Island. We encourage continued training for all our staff with CPD being a significant focus in all roles across the business. CareVets clinics and staff are all supported by a small leadership team of industry-experienced professionals.
At CareVets we care. With the CareVets Foundation we continue to give back. We're proud to say that 100% of all donations received go straight back out to our local communities.
Learn more by visiting: http://carevets.co.nz/carevets-charitable-foundation-trust/
Where to from here…
Still here? Great! Whether you are seeking a change, a step up or a relocation we’d love for you to get in touch. Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter detailing why you believe you are our ideal candidate to Connie Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted directly.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have customer service experience?