Advertiser: Auckland Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $15 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
We are seeking an energetic, caring, organised and motivated person to join the Learning Support Team at Auckland Grammar School.
Essential skills required:
- Strenghts in working with boys at a senior level
- An understanding of a range of learning differences, eg. Dyslexia, downs syndrome, vision etc
- Must have an excellent understanding of the English Language
- Experience working with secondary school students, although primary training is an advantage
- a good motivator
A perquisite is a willingness to embrace the "Grammar Way"
You will be responsible for:
- Tutoring and assisting with programmes for students who have special teaching
- Tutoring individuals and small groups of students in literacy and Numeracy Skills
under the guidance of Learning Support teaching staff.
- Attending classes with students to assist in the classroom.
- Assisting students with organised activities.
This is a fixed term position with the possibility of renewal on a year by year basis. The position is subject to external funding. This position is part time, 28 hours hours per week. The position is for term time only.
With a vision of pre-eminence in boys' secondary education, Auckland Grammar School has a reputation for all-round excellence in academic, sporting, and cultural pursuits. Providing an education for young men from form 3 to form 7 (Years 9-13), Auckland Grammar School sets very high standards in all aspects of a young man's daily life - often referred to as the "Grammar Way".
Here at Auckland Grammar School, we combine our rich heritage with traditions, with innovation and continual growth and improvement. This provides a culture that is positive, dynamic, and upholds our core values of integrity, excellence, respect, courage, pride, commitment and humility.
Please forward a current CV, the contact details of three referees, and a covering letter to John Blyth, Deputy Headmaster of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 5 June 2019