Advertiser: Hamilton Boys' High SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Are you a Social Worker who is motivated, creative and has the ability to adapt to change? Hamilton Boys’ High School is looking for someone to develop and provide a comprehensive and culturally appropriate social work service in support of the students and families/caregivers of our School.
The hours will be 16.50 per week (2.50 days per week, to be negotiated with the successful applicant). School Terms only.
The key purpose of the role is to engage with individuals, families/whanau to better manage illness, disability, and socioeconomic issues which place students at-risk or make school untenable. Critical duties include providing professional and effective social work assessment, planning and intervention in order to restore individual, family/whanau and community well-being. Our Social Worker will be an integrated member of the Pastoral Care Staff and will work closely with both Deans and Guidance Counsellors in support of their efforts to maintain the health and safety of our students.
If time and workload allow, the Social Worker may develop a broader role in terms of working with others to build community capacity and educating others on the impact of social and environmental factors on health and well-being.
The essential requirements for this position include the following:
- Holder of a recognised social work qualification.
- SWRB registered or currently applying for registration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with children, young people and their whanau.
- Thorough knowledge of the health and social issues that vulnerable children and their family's experience.
- Holder of a current clear NZ driver’s licence.
Start date for this position is negotiable.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH SEEK.
If you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and job description.
Applications close 12 noon on Wednesday 29 May 2019.