General Manager Communicare
Advertiser: Communicare CMAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $60,000 - $69,999 plus petrol allowance
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
- New Zealanders are living longer
- Many of our later years are lived with a disability
- Loneliness is a factor when older New Zealanders wish to continue living in their own homes
Communicare is a non-profit organisation committed to providing fellowship and support for Auckland’s elderly and disabled through its 21 Friendship Centres.
As the most senior role in Communicare, we are looking for a part-time General Manager to lead this well-established organisation: an energetic, enthusiastic and credible leader who has general experience in managing a small but diverse team and whose qualifications and personality will provide the gravitas to have credibility with all stakeholders.
You’ll have lots of flexibility and freedom with this role, but the Board is not looking for someone who just wants to work in the weeds. This role calls for:
- finely tuned analytical and strategic leadership skills, together with highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- strong financial management skills, with a track record in successful fundraising.
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in business planning, operational and financial management, project management, with an ability to develop from new products and services
- management experience in either the not-for-profit or aged care sectors will be a distinct advantage and will provide you with the base tools to succeed in this role
A passion and an understanding of the aged sector is highly desirable but candidates with differing backgrounds will be considered.
We want to hear from you if you are wanting to:
- Deploy your general business and/or not for profit management skills, and have a
track record in harnessing innovation to improve services
- Grow or re-orientate your career and make a difference within an organisation
which wants to be a strong voice
- Enjoy a strategic challenge, and have a passion for people, relationships and undertaking/engaging in interesting work for the betterment of a small but growing community of older New Zealanders
- Use your clear understanding of the not for profit sector and the importance of delivering change through a strong and articulate voice
Apply in confidence with your CV and cover letter telling us about what you can bring to this role to “Sudha Bhana” at email@example.com or if you would like to know more about the role, drop us a message by calling or texting Mike on 027 482 6650–and we can set up some time to talk more.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?