Mechanical Design EngineerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 May 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Only applicants currently living in New Zealand and with a current work permit will be considered for this position.
Caliber Design is a respected Mechanical Engineering Design Consultancy providing engineering design and analysis services throughout New Zealand. We work across multiple Industries including Aerospace, Materials Handling, Packaging, Production Equipment, Heavy Industry, Marine, Dairy and Agricultural just to name a few.
Due to continued growth, we're looking for contract mechanical design engineers. You'll be a down to earth, pragmatic Mechanical Design Engineer who likes to get things done. You'll enjoy sharing ideas and listening to others and you'll be flexible and passionate about what you do. Most importantly you'll have an inquisitive mind and be an adaptable and quick learner. You'll be an excellent communicator with the ability to collaborate within project teams and self-manage.
Responsibilities will be varied and could include developing concepts, completing 3-D solid models, participating in design reviews, or undertaking FEA projects and validating the results with your strong ability to perform hand calc's.
The primary purpose for this role is to support our clients with their engineering design needs. Most of this work will be undertaken at our clients' sites, so you need to be able to quickly integrate into our clients' businesses and travel as required.
Your skills/attributes will include:
- A strong command of 3D CAD packages, particularly SolidWorks, Inventor
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a design role within the field of mechanical engineering
- Strong FEA and calculations skills
- An excellent grasp of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering
- A sound knowledge of the NZ Engineering Industry standards and codes
- Practical mechanical skills and experience with the design of a wide variety of mechanical equipment
You'll be well supported by our Operations and Design Management teams with regular meetings and reviews.
We are a consultancy that focuses on engineering analysis and design rigor. We provide our clients with real confidence and understanding of how their products/ machinery will perform.
Our culture and our core values drive our business. If you are passionate about design and want to be part of a growing, dynamic team, please send us your CV with a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for our business.
No Agencies Please
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?