Senior Research Scientist
Advertiser: South Pacific Sera LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Canterbury, Timaru & South Canterbury
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Biotechnology & Genetics
South Pacific Sera is a dynamic biotechnology company, manufacturing a range of products including veterinary vaccines, API intermediates, and starting materials/reagents for human pharmaceuticals and veterinary use.
The Senior Research Scientist is responsible for leading multiple research projects relating to the development of veterinary and pharmaceutical products. Our work is varied, challenging and highly rewarding. This is a senior position liaising directly with the Production Director and SPS customers.
This position would suit a Chemical Engineer or someone with a PhD/Post Doc in a relevant science. Strong research and development experience is required; ideally in an industry setting. We seek applicants with:
- Evidence of excellent research and analytical skills
- Innovative thinking along with the ability to work under strict protocols and regulations.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and performing bioassays (preferable but not essential).
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent computer literacy including MS Office and Graphpad Prism.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Project management experience and evidence of the ability to reliably meet deadlines.
- A highly professional manner
- A strong work ethic
- Organised and effective time management skills
- The ability to fit in well in a small team.
This is a full-time permanent position.
To ensure effective hand-over of existing projects, we will be interviewing progressively as suitable applications are received. A competitive salary will be offered.
To apply please email your application form and full c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in NZ on a permanent basis.
More information, including an application form, is available at www.southpacificsera.co.nz
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?