Advertiser: SLR Consulting NZ LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
SLR has Australia's largest and most established Acoustic team and a growing New Zealand presence. We have an outstanding opportunity for an Acoustician to join the team, based in our Auckland office. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally and be part of a tight knit team in our Auckland office which forms part of our wider APAC team.
In particular, we are looking for candidates with around 1-5 years' experience, who have a strong passion for acoustics and who are looking to take their career to the next level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out technical tasks which will require accuracy in calculations, data analysis, modelling and design.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies, where appropriate.
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients, on time and within set budgets.
- Undertaking field work either locally or remote.
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members.
- Contributing to winning work by identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships.
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and project manager's on projects regarding best principles and practices.
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines.
Skills and experience
To do this effectively you'll have:
- University qualifications (Bachelor Degree or higher) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Science or Audio.
- A minimum of 1 year's practical experience in an Acoustic Consulting role (desirable but not essential).
- Experience with noise monitoring equipment and/or 3D computer noise models such as SoundPLAN, CadnaA or ENM would be desirable.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- A clean driver's license.
- Willingness to travel domestically to undertake monitoring projects if required.
- New Zealand citizenship/working rights are essential.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture as well as equal employment opportunities. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?