Guest Experience Manager
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
This is an exciting new opportunity to lead a small guest experience team as well as managing a pool of (approx 110) casual hosts, to ensure that guests visiting our Wellington venues have an unforgettable guest experience.
You will work closely with the Venue Manager of the TSB Arena and Shed 6 as well as the Venue Manager of the Michael Fowler Centre and the Opera House to identify, develop and implement continuous improvements to the guest experience in the venues. You will also be responsible for taking an active role in identifying and reducing any health and safety risks for staff and guests.
You will take a leading role in defining and delivering the Venues Wellington experience, including working with supply partners to ensure that event goers enjoy a consistently great experience in our venues.
We’re looking for a team player who comes with plenty of experience working in venues, front of house management and customer service.
Our ideal person will be a natural people leader with proven people management expertise and will be responsible for ensuring our guest experience teams are fully trained and adequately equipped to deliver exceptional customer service for visitors in our Wellington venues.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Strong experience in customer service management and/or venue management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customers and clients' needs.
- Leadership skills and the ability to support a large, diverse team.
- Be highly organised to ensure all aspects of work are carried out in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you!
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com or a copy of the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?