Venue Manager (x2)
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
We’re looking for strong people leaders and team players who come with plenty of experience in venue management and has a customer driven focus. One Venue Manager will be responsible for the TSB Arena and Shed 6 and the other will be responsible for the Michael Fowler Centre and Opera House. Reporting to the Venues Operations Manager, you will have responsibility for the respective venues and for driving the venue setup, presentation and delivery of a great events as well as the long-term operational planning of venue management.
You’ll have proven venue management expertise, as well as an eye for presentation. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about delivering great experiences for our clients and guests and is able to improve the operational delivery of our venues.
Our ideal person will have strong relationship management skills to work alongside a range of different stakeholders, clients and customers. You need a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to hit the ground running to manage and maintain our venues in Wellington.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the venue (including its people, equipment and presentation).
- Managing relationships with supply partners, event advisors, guest experience staff and cleaning teams.
- Ensuring appropriate logistical plans are in place and the operational set-up and delivery of events is achieved.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Venue Management team.
- Working with the Facilities and Assets team to manage operational assets and ensure building repairs are carried out when required.
- Developing a health and safety conscious environment for Wellington’s events.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Strong experience in a venue management role.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs.
- Be highly organised with strong planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV as soon as possible. Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com or a copy of the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?