Facilities & Assets Manager
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Body Corporate & Facilities Management
We’re looking for a capable people leader who is keen to oversee the facilities and asset management of all Venues Wellington managed venues.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, Events & Experiences, you will be responsible for managing the Facilities & Assets team and for the development, implementation and review of facilities procedures, asset management plans, scheduled maintenance and renewal programmes. You will also be responsible for overseeing the management of Venues Wellington’s operational assets.
You will have proven experience with the development and implementation of asset management plans, as well as scheduled maintenance and renewal programmes. We’re looking for someone who can work collaboratively alongside other managers and teams to ensure our facilities and assets maintain the highest possible standard of safety and presentation.
Our ideal person will have proven experience in Facilities and Asset management as well as strong people management skills. You’ll have an eye for detail and be able to build relationships with a range of different stakeholders, clients and customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning and management of all of Venues Wellington facilities and operational assets
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including the Wellington City Council Property team
- Developing and management of the annual facilities and assets business plan, and associated budgets
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures and asset management plans, including facilities and operational assets
- Creating a positive team culture through coaching, training, monitoring performance and managing workloads.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Previous experience in a Facilities and Assets managerial role
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of asset management plans
- Proven experience in the development and management of budgets, and demonstrable financial and commercial acumen
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- The ability to lead a team with confidence to achieve a high standard across our facilities and assets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com or a copy of the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a facilities manager?