Business Events Senior BDM
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, New Business Development
We’re looking for a business development manager who can effectively manage a portfolio of business events, conventions and conferences to achieve sales revenues and growth targets, as well as managing a small Business Events BDM team.
With a background in sales, you will be responsible for setting sales pipeline expectations, targets, budgets and reporting around large scale conventions and business conferences. You will be familiar with acquiring and maintaining key accounts by establishing and building close liaisons with internal and external referral sources.
Our ideal person will have proven experience in business development and stakeholder engagement, with a track-record of meeting sales targets and pipelines. They will be confident leading the Business Events BDM team to ensure they are fully trained and understand all relevant standard operations procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Actively identifying and attracting new businesses while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Preparing proposals and undertaking contract negotiation and generation of contracts for businesses won
- Developing a sales pipeline, and converting on sales opportunities to achieve sales and revenue targets
- Working with the Business Events Wellington team to actively promote Wellington as a business events destination
- Managing the Business Events BDM team by coaching direct reports and monitoring the performance and workload of staff members.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Previous experience in a business development role, ideally in the business events, convention, conference sector
- Proven record of meeting sales targets and managing a client and events portfolio
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- Highly organised to ensure all aspects of work are carried out in a timely and high-quality manner
- The ability to lead a team with confidence to deliver events that exceed client’s expectations.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com or a copy of the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?