Performance Events Manager
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
We’re looking for a capable people leader to join our newly established Event Development & Sales team. The Performance Events Manager will be responsible for managing the Performance Events team, and for sourcing, contracting, and ticketing of shows and performance events in Venues Wellington managed venues.
A key focus of the role is developing a strong year-round calendar of events across a variety of genres to attract and grow audiences. You will understand and be familiar with the process of sourcing and negotiating for international and domestic shows.
We are looking for a team player with proven performance event management expertise and industry credibility. Our ideal person will be a natural relationship builder, with the ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and attract performance events to the Wellington region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering an annual performance events programme that increases the number and variety of performance events in Wellington venues
- Strengthening and building partnerships with key event stakeholders, including promoters to ensure Wellington remains a key location for commercial concerts and productions
- Work with the marketing team to develop effective marketing strategies and drive ticket sales
- Providing leadership and supervision to the Performance Events team
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Strong experience in an event management and venue management role
- Proven performance event management expertise and industry credibility
- Previous experience of working within the events, music, arts or sport, sectors
- Proven commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus to proactively meet customers /clients' needs
- Strong leadership skills to ensure team members are supported effectively
- Solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com, or a copy the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?