Event Development & Sales Manager
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Management
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a newly established Event Development & Sales team. We’re looking for a talented people leader who has proven sales management and event development expertise.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, Events & Experiences, you will be responsible for leading, developing and driving the venues Business Events Sales team and Performance Events teams, to ensure that Venues Wellington optimises the commercial utilisation of the venues under its management, keeps a compelling market position with hires and audiences, as well as developing and securing new business leads.
A key focus of the role will be developing and overseeing the implementation of the Venues Wellington event development and sales strategy for both business and performance events.
Our ideal person will be familiar with all aspects of securing and delivering performance and business events, confident providing leadership and direction to team members and will thrive on the challenge of developing and securing new business leads. You’ll be a natural relationship builder, have industry knowledge and credibility and will understand what it takes to maintain our venues’ competitive position in the marketplace.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning, development and management of all Venues Wellington Business Events sale activities
- Developing an annual ‘Performance Events’ plan that maximises the use of our venues and commercial returns
- Ensuring venues achieve their budgeted revenues and continually strive to increase their commercial return
- Provide leadership to the team through coaching and mentoring
- Actively identifying and attracting new businesses while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and commercial partners
- Managing budgets and delivering on business plan outcomes.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- A background in Event Development and Sales management
- Previous experience of working within the performance events, and convention and conference sectors at a senior level
- Proven commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of diverse people to achieve goals
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@wellingtonnz.com, or a copy of the job description can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a sales manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?