Project ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 May 2019
- Waikato, Taupo
- $80,000 - $119,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Management
This Project Manager position presents an exciting opportunity to take on a day-to-day management role in a new venture. Halcyon undertakes a joint research and development project (“Project”) in relation to the production of hydrogen and development of a hydrogen supply chain in New Zealand and Japan with the aim to demonstrate the viability of each phase of the supply chain including stable production, storage, distribution (domestic and overseas) and demand development (domestic and overseas).
- General: the objective of the Project Manager role is to oversee the coordination of all the day to day operations and activities relating to the Project.
- Supervision: to manage the administrative and operational success of the Project and to assess, amend and improve processes and policies relating to the Project as required.
- Reports: to research, prepare and submit monthly program reports outlining the activities, data, operations and associated budgets to the Board and/or the Management Committee. This includes preparing and submitting a monthly accounting report comprising of a trial balance sheet, general ledger, schedules of each account for the month and a projected monthly cash flow report in relation to the Project to the Board, in both English and Japanese.
- Liaison: to ensure that a clear and effective platform of communication and cooperation is established between all relevant personnel involved in the Project. This includes not only the management teams in Halcyon’s parent companies, contractors and suppliers, but also active engagement with potential customers, government organisations, industry bodies to promote Halcyon’s interest in their hydrogen economy initiatives.
- Customer Service: to answer enquiries and ensure viable solutions can be provided in response to any issues, and to escalate any concerns to senior management as needed.
- Monthly Summary: to keep Halcyon fully and regularly informed month by month or more frequently as necessary of all material matters arising in relation to the Project.
- Administration: manage all paperwork and miscellaneous tasks relating to the Project.
- Statutory Obligations: to ensure compliance with all statutory or regulatory obligations concerning the Project.
- Other: to oversee all activities as necessary for the efficient operation of the Project.
Job skills & qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years Project management/business experience between Japan and New Zealand
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the geothermal industry and hydrogen initiatives.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working with relevant government bodies/industry associations both in New Zealand and Japan.
- Work experience in a major Japanese construction industry.
- Prior senior tertiary education in business, accounting or finance.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communion skills both in Japanese and English language.
- Ability to speak Native level Japanese.
- A minimum of an MBA.
- Ability to write business reports in both Japanese and English.
- Prior work experience as a Japanese interpreter.
Current knowledge of Hydrogen Production Process
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?