Advertiser: Milford Sound LodgeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 May 2019
- Southland, Rest of Southland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
ABOUT PIO PIO
Named for Piopiotahi, the Maori for Milford Sound, Pio Pio is the onsite restaurant at Milford Sound Lodge. Pio Pio caters for lodge guests and locals, catering for approximately 100 diners each evening over the summer months.
WHY WE NEED A NEW HEAD CHEF
Our newly established dining experience already has an excellent reputation – we are busy! This winter, we’re expanding by building a brand-new commercial kitchen. We’re looking for a professional and experienced Head Chef to bring their creativity, leadership skills and work ethic to take our à la carte breakfast and evening dining menus to the next level.
JOIN AN INCREDIBLE TEAM
Milford Sound is no ordinary place. It takes extraordinary people to thrive in this special, remote location, and that’s definitely how we’d describe our team – extraordinary. We’re a close-knit group of 30 motivated and enthusiastic customer service professionals from all over the world. Our current chef team includes five international professionals who all bring talent, creativity and passion to the kitchen.
THE ROLE AT A GLANCE
• Manage the kitchen and a team of chefs
• Oversee recruitment, rosters, menus, costing, pricing, ordering and deliveries
• Provide breakfast, lunch and dinner service alongside the rest of the team
• Lead, induct, train, guide and motivate the Pio Pio team
• Manage and quality control the Pio Pio kitchen – strive for excellence, always
• Set and meet budgets and sales targets
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful Pio Pio Head Chef will:
• Have previous experience (3+ years) in a similar position
• Be passionate about food, people and Milford Sound
• Manage excellent menus and deliver high-quality meals in a fast-paced environment
• Have the skills to thrive in a remote location, such as resourcefulness, forward-thinking and the ability to think and act quickly
• Have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to professionally work alongside suppliers, team members and guests
• Be hands-on, practical, and happy to work alongside the team
• Genuinely enjoy motivating and guiding people to get the best out of themselves
• Be bright, energetic, motivated and enthusiastic
• Be organised, well-structured, a dynamic thinker, responsible, reliable and professional
• Feel excited by remote locations – the mountains, the wilderness, the outdoors
• Candidates must be legally allowed to work in New Zealand (work visa/resident)
• Hourly rate/salary to be discussed
• Accommodation, board & food included (onsite at the lodge in a manager’s house, 4pax share)
• 10 days on, 4 days off – negotiable
• Interviews onsite/in person essential
• Permanent full-time position
Visit our website www.milfordlodge.com to find out more about us. If this is you, send your CV, cover letter, references to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?