Project Manager - Commercial
Advertiser: Mike Greer CommercialMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
Project Manager - Hamilton or Auckland based
Part of the Mike Greer wider group, we have a track record of performance and quality. Our mission is to deliver projects on time, on specification on budget with zero harm – every time.
Mike Greer Commercial requires a Project Manager to oversee a large development in Te Kauwhata, plus other developments throughout the wider Auckland area and at times, in other North Island locations. You would ideally be based in Hamilton or Auckland and willing to travel to Te Kauwhata for the first 12 months.
The scope of the role will vary across different light commercial project builds while focusing on high density multi-unit (single dwelling or duplex) construction in housing construction projects. Your purpose is to provide efficient, responsive and cost effective service, while achieving the highest level of client satisfaction through the management of builds to the agreed time, budget, quality and specification.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met (site, administrative and reporting)
- Establish and maintain excellent internal and external customer service throughout the entire construction
- Understand plans and organise the sequential build process across multiple units with attentive management of contractors / suppliers to high quality standards
- Ensure construction standards and schedules are in accordance with the Mike Greer Commercial quality management principles
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of NZ Building Codes; NZ 3910 / NZ 3915
- Work with our key IT support software ensuring information is accurately entered and managed
- Schedule and deliver relevant and constructive meetings, providing critical information via weekly updates and reports.
- Report to the QS for monthly payment claims and any variations.
- Proven track record in multi-unit and/or commercial project management
- Background in construction and/or site management (with current LBP an advantage)
- Experience in the NZ construction industry
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and open to learning new systems, MS Project an advantage
- Well organised, self-manage, can work to deadlines, resilient under pressure,
- Able to work independently and remotely with effective management of contractors / suppliers
- competitive salary (negotiable on experience)
- subsidised health insurance
- vehicle, phone and lap top
- a great close knit supportive management team
Please apply via the Seek portal.
Please note, no agency referrals will be accepted.
If you require any additional information please contact Lynn de Cort at LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?