Research Operations Coordinator
Advertiser: Volpara Health Technologies LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Biological & Biomedical Sciences
About the business
Here at Volpara our mission is to reduce the mortality and cost of breast cancer by providing clinically validated software to help underpin personalized, high-quality, breast cancer screening. We do this through the provision of on-site advanced image analysis algorithms with associated Cloud-based analytics software. We have users in over 35 countries and we are the recognized global leaders in this space. With the technology originating from the University of Oxford, but with 95% of our sales in the US, and yet having most of the research and development hosted in Wellington, we are a truly "born global" company and are listed on the ASX (VHT).
About the role
We are looking for a Research Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. Someone with strong communication skills, a desire to make a difference, and an ability to grow & develop to suit your skills and the company's needs. The role will be within our clinical, data & product teams, reporting to Chief Medical Officer. There will also be opportunities to get involved in testing and the regulatory world of medical devices – we are a small team and very much cross disciplinary in approach. Training will be provided for the statistical software we use, but experience with data analysis is essential. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
- Learn and understand the clinical domain (from the biology to the imaging), ready to explain it internally to engineering and sales, through to customers
- Communicate with scientists and clinicians to determine product requirements
- Manage research current and new research projects, organise and lead research project meetings
- Determine ethics requirements for internal/external research
- Perform scientific analysis of data using standard statistical packages but also tools such as Microsoft's PowerBi in order to generate reports for customers and our sales teams.
- Look after and maintain our internal datasets, including learning about how to handle PHI and the various regulations around that globally, and helping support our products.
- Write up research & white papers both internally driven and for external publications, and to help support external researchers that work closely with us.
- Summarise abstracts/ scientific articles for team and post on internal company networks
- Assist in the generation of research and luminary agreements and work with institutes to ensure contractual obligations are understood and fulfilled
- Work across teams: science, imaging database, product ,and sales
- Assist CMO in various projects as needed
- Interview and guide interns as needed
Benefits and perks
- World-class team based in central Wellington having a global impact.
- Opportunity to grow and develop in multiple ways as the company develops, from regulatory to software testing to clinical research.
- Flexible around dealing with family-commitments.
- Be part of a growth story in an area that's of critical importance.
Skills and experience
- A PhD in the Life Sciences
- An ability to handle data using software
- Strong communication skills essential as will be interfacing with engineers, US sales, and international physicians
- An ability to write clearly on complex ideas
- An ability to conduct independent research
- An ability to start soon
- An attention to detail
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?