Science Support and Operations Coordinator
Advertiser: Volpara Health Technologies LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Biological & Biomedical Sciences
About the business
Here at Volpara our mission is to reduce the mortality and cost of breast cancer by providing clinically validated software to help underpin personalized, high-quality, breast cancer screening. We do this through the provision of on-site advanced image analysis algorithms with associated Cloud-based analytics software. We have users in over 35 countries and we are the recognized global leaders in this space. With the technology originating from the University of Oxford, but with 95% of our sales in the US, and yet having most of the research and development hosted in Wellington, we are a truly "born global" company and are listed on the ASX (VHT).
About the role
We are looking for a Science Support and Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. Someone with strong communication skills, a desire to make a difference, and an ability to grow & develop to suit your skills and the company's needs. The role will be within our science team, reporting to Senior Imaging Scientist. Training will be provided for the software we use. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
Assist in the customer support process:
- Internal communication with the customer operations team
- Data preparation using medical processing tools and anonymisation from PHI
- Initial classification of the support cases
- Manage and communicate internal expert feedback
- Recording and reporting of customer cases for product development
- Assist in the management of customer specific software configurations
Support the imaging science team:
- Develop and establish workflows between the data management team and the imaging science team
- Support in research projects and work with the research team as needed
- Assist in the management of ground truth data
- Facilitate access to data and information required by the imaging science team
- Coordinate and support data annotation efforts
- Assist in the management of internal support request to the science team
- Facilitate access to data and information required by internal teams
Benefits and perks
- World-class team based in central Wellington having a global impact.
- Opportunity to grow and develop in multiple ways as the company develops, from regulatory to software testing to clinical research.
- Flexible around dealing with family-commitments.
- Be part of a growth story in an area that's of critical importance.
Skills and experience
- A MSc in the Life Sciences
- An ability to handle data using expert software tools
- Strong communication skills to engage with engineers through to US sales and customers
- Programming and scripting skills preferable otherwise willingness to learn
- Ability to learn medical data processing
- An ability to write clearly and communicate difficult ideas
- An ability to start soon
- An attention to detail
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?