Management Accountant - Kaikaute Pūtea
Advertiser: Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 May 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira Incorporated (TROTR) is a non-profit iwi organisation that is diverse. We have PHO funded Medical Centres, targeted Health Initiatives, Education Services, and Settlement Assets for the Iwi. We are in a growth phase, currently preparing ourselves for a new project to become a Community Housing Provider (Te Āhuru Mōwai).
This role’s core responsibility is the timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts and reporting, including the analysis and interpretation of financial data and variances to assist in effective decision making.
We are seeking a talented hands-on Management Accountant who is results driven to monitor ongoing performance and deliver strategic financial objectives for TROTR.
This is a busy and varied role working in a small team and will be part of the Senior Management Group.
- Monthly management and financial reporting
- Annual Financial reporting for the whole organisation in helping to preparing for the financial year end
- Prepare and oversee the Audit processes for each entity
- Preparation and overview of operational budgets
- Ad-hoc financial reports and analysis
- Development and continuous improvement of financial policies and processes
You will need:
- A Tertiary Accounting qualification
- 10-15 years Management Accounting experience, particularly in a 2nd Tier role
- Strong knowledge and previous experience with public benefit entity financial standards and requirements desirable
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong systems, data and Excel skills, particularly competent in Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to build strong business relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in providing reporting and analysis to non-financial managers and an ability to link it to the business context
- Proven ability to establish financial procedures, processes and systems
- Understanding of iwi entities and how they operate is desirable
In return we offer a great working environment with a small friendly team.
Our people have pride in what they do. We all work together with passion and empathy to provide the best quality services to enrich the lives of our people. At the heart of what we do is how we care for our people.
Applications closes 5pm Friday 31 May 2019. Please apply for the role via Seek.
For a Job Description or more information please contact Brigitte Beilensohn, Human Resources email: Brigitte.email@example.com , phone: 04 2384980
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?