Head Coach North City Cricket Club
Advertiser: North City Cricket ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 May 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
North City Cricket is seeking expressions of interest to become our Head Coach.
Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport and North City Cricket Club is recognised as one of Wellington’s leading clubs. North City Cricket Club’s role is to provide vision, direction and guidance to cricketers at all levels of the game throughout the wider Porirua Basin. We want all our players to have an opportunity to reach their potential and achieve their goals.
The head coach is responsible for building a culture and environment of continual development. North City is going through a rebuilding phase and the successful candidate for this role will see themselves developing with the club and taking us into the future. The club has big plans for the next 5 years and we want you to grow with us and be an integral member of our team and our success. Your technical coaching expertise will be key to your success.
- To coach the Senior Club Teams to achieve sustained success in Premier Club Cricket
- To implement development pathways for players who have aspirations to become first class cricketers
- Provide practical support for other coaches
- Strengthen the level of professionalism around training sessions, pre-season training and direction on game day
Key qualifications and skills
- Minimum of New Zealand Cricket Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Demonstrate leadership and high level communication skills with proven ability to build effective working relationships internally and with diverse stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of player development processes including talent identification
Hours of Work and Location
This position is a contract role running from July – March. Hours are flexible but will include Pre-season training/planning, 2x Weekly Training Sessions (Tues/Thurs). Game day attendance is negotiable. The role will be based at North City Cricket Club, 3 Gee Street, Linden.
Is negotiable dependent on qualifications, experience and availability.
To express an interest in this position please email your CV and Covering Letter to Secretary@northcitycricketclub.co.nz by Friday 17th May 2019.
To discuss this opportunity in confidence please contact Steph Pettersson, Chairman on +64 21 522 413.