Teacher Aide / Learning Assistant Position/s
Advertiser: Worser Bay SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Apr 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- $20.55 per hour (Living Wage)
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Fixed term for Terms 2- 4 2019
(with a possibility of beyond this initial time frame, funding dependent)
We seek a motivated, mature and capable person/s to join our learning support team as a teacher aide/ learning assistant. This is a fixed term position from Monday-Friday term time only.
The position involves working closely with children aged between 7-10 years old to support their learning. This may be in small groups or 1-1 situations.
Additionally, supporting the strengthening of positive social relationships in the playground will be an aspect of the role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Initiative and a proactive attitude to their work
- The ability to problem solve, be flexible and responsive
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with working with children
- Courage to be consistent in practice and positive in outlook
Worser Bay School is committed to paying the living wage as a minimum requirement.
Full information and an application package are available on our website: www.worserbay.school.nz
Please send covering letter, CV and completed application form (available on website) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 29 April, 2019 3 pm
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.