Financial and Management Accountant
Advertiser: Omni Tech LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Apr 2019
- Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland
- $60,000 - $80,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management
Financial and Management Accountant
Omnitech is New Zealand’s no. 1 mobile phone accessories and repairs business, with 30+ stores nationwide. As a successful and rapidly growing national retail chain, the company is now looking for an experienced Financial and Management Accountant to join their busy team at the national HQ in Henderson.
Reporting to the MD, this newly created role is suited to a switched -on accounting professional keen to join the management team and play a key role in growing the business.
The role is responsible for:
- month end financial accounting and management accounting reports,
- systems reviews and ad hoc projects or business case analyses,
- overseeing bookkeeping and day-to-day accounting tasks (delegated to junior colleague),
- lead implementation of improvements to the business information systems to ensure the company can reliably measure business KPIs, retail performance and profitability.
However, whilst the offers the opportunity to develop new business thinking, new ideas and identify new business opportunities there is also first and foremost the need to maintain day to day business processes and reporting. This is definitely a hands-on role and will require some mundane tasks to be completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- The person we seek will first and foremost be a confident and technically sound, sole charge, accounting professional with strong commercial judgement and a solid understanding of financial reporting practices.
- In addition to your unfailing commitment to complete work on time and to a very high standard you’ll have highly developed systems skills, and an understanding of supply chains which will enable to you see opportunities for constant improvement.
- You will need to demonstrate an outgoing and energetic personality but also calmness, maturity and humility.
- You will have proven experience and success in working effectively in a culturally diverse environment and have a well-developed understanding of cultural sensitivities.
- Monthly financial accounting reporting, maintaining strong financial reporting practices
- Prepare forecasts as well as annual budgets and provide on-going variance analysis.
- Cash flow management
- Manage AR , AP and Bank
- Ensure the business is compliant with all rules and regulations
- Support franchising activities
- Support acquisition and due diligence activities
- Support and provide back up for Support Office functions as necessary
- Provide coaching and support to the wider team for financial tasks
- Review and develop business systems and procedures
- Establish systems to assess and manage store performance and stock levels.
- Business case analysis and report writing as required.
Skills and attributes
- A professional accounting qualification such as ACA, CPA or CA is preferred but strong technical accounting skills and relevant retail experience with the ability to ‘roll your sleeves up” and understand the detail are highly important.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively across the business.
- Ability to build functional working relationships at all levels with the tenacity and detail focus to follow recommendations through to completion.
- Advanced reporting and analysis skills with strong systems expertise especially in Excel are essential.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?