Advertiser: Westmount Education Trust Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Apr 2019
- Northland, Rest of Northland
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
With a vision of delivering “a global education ecosystem that develops life-ready students who learn how to learn”, Westmount is a Year 3-13 independent special character school delivering the New Zealand curriculum to over 1,650 students across eleven campuses.
Our Kaipara Campus in Maungaturoto is seeking an experienced Teacher Aide to provide one-to-one support to a Year 9 student on a fixed-term basis until December 2019, as he transitions back in mainstream education. While not essential, previous experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties or SEN would be advantageous.
Key Experience and Skills
- Experience working with young people;
- An understanding of the New Zealand curriculum;
- An understanding of different learning methods and teaching styles;
- Ability to cater for students’ varying needs;
- Excellent relationship building and management skills;
- Patience, resilience, adaptability and empathy.
All applicants will need to have the right to work in New Zealand. Unfortunately, applications from abroad will not be considered.
Please contact Iain Longden on email@example.com for further information or visit our website for a copy of the position description.
Applications close: Friday, 26 April (unless an appointment is made sooner)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher aide?